The Fix


The joys of prototyping - you construct your object only to discover what doesn't work. No worries, this is the best part - this is the FIX. 

I ended up identifying many fixes from the first object that I put together. In fact, I ended up starting a new prototype because there were so many issues - size, durability and fragility being the leading issues. 


Floppy 


So I remodelled the car, looking for more opportunities to reduce roof weight and increase lateral stability - including sizing down. 



The new size was already much more stable vertically 



Issues I identified with the new model:

swoosh tabs - the tabs are bigger than the piece itself - will make the tabs much smaller


long tabs in places that needed cutting down

Adding tabs


I'm still much happier with this (slightly wonky) prototype. It looks like my car, and it's pretty accurate. I look forward to completing it today, finishing up the wheels and showing it in class on Monday


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realistic Object: Renders

Remix Reframe

Spare the Back, Spoil the Artist