Castles in the Sky

 Welcome to this semester's Object Design class!

Our first assignment was to refresh our knowledge base, dust off the old brain and create a castle using basic processes or what we could remember. I had an inkling of a concept before I started, and that was helpful. 


I remembered how to make a "globe" and was fascinated by the interior structure from above. 


I remembered how to copy and rotate which was really helpful for putting the rings and towers around the globe. 

I wanted a feeling between built and precise - as human we tend to build to less than perfection - so I made the door arches and connecting ruts with semi-haphazard intervals. 


And I made a little tower centre/ spindle for the castle to rotate around. I always enjoy switching from wireframe to shaded - it's like a little pay off for your work so far. 

And then the finished product. I remembered how to set up textures, and a rendering environment so I am pretty happy with my brain - good job retaining knowledge, brain!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realistic Object: Renders

Remix Reframe

Spare the Back, Spoil the Artist