Realistic Object Render: Updates


 This has certainly been a journey. We reviewed deform tools and rendering and then went on our way to work this project out. 

I really wish I had discovered interpolated curves before Bryan had a chance to teach it. Because wow, you can get pretty organic with those!

Let's review the trip through this project via the screenshots I documented. (Additionally, blogger wouldn't accept my photos and that was a whole trip to solve :O)


torches need guts, so I made them. I really really appreciate shell - being able to offset a surface was very nice. 
It was very satisfying to boolean subtract the divot out of the bottom of this feature and have it work nicely the first time. Boolean hasn't always been my friend but this project gave me a lot of practice. 


So the larger assembly that the on off button sat on drove me NUTS. It was oddly shaped, and I didn't want to have to draw all the cross sections when I knew there was a simple mathematical solution. 


Make sure your curves actually intersect by being precise, avoid my pain. 

I knew how tall the assembly was and how long - so I set up those basics - and I would use the previous info to essentially shave my piece out. 
Trying to find the right amount of information to have up on the screen was really important. At this stage there were already a lot of surfaces. 

It might be hard to see through all the curves, but I sliced this white section out based on my measurements. I then quickly made a rope with interpolated curves, pipe command and a rope texture from freepik


Time to make the divot the button rests in
Edgesrf really served me well here
The last touch was the small cutouts around the lip of the torch - shallow hemi circles running in two directions. Bless you polar array, and boolean subtraction. 

Initially those grooves had been really intimidating. Overall I learnt new commands, practiced old ones, learned what to avoid in my process, how to make my process more efficient and really really stretched my brain with some math/spatial problems. Next time I will be faster, more efficient. Practicing all the rhino commands we have learned so far and creating a resource masterlist would boost my skills in the future. 






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realistic Object: Renders

Remix Reframe

Spare the Back, Spoil the Artist